Cook today. Eat for a week. Lose weight for the long term.
Losing weight can be as easy as cooking one day per week. Meal Prep for Weight Loss equips you with the knowledge to properly prepare balanced meals ahead of time, so you can lose weight and keep it off. No crash diets, no spending hours in the kitchen.
Balanced meals lead to better energy levels and fewer cravings, which lays the foundation for sustainable weight loss. And it’s easier to make these meals consistently if you plan ahead. Meal Prep for Weight Loss shows you how, with 3-recipe and 6-recipe weekly meal plans, accessible ingredients, and a wide range of fun, flavorful, batch-friendly recipes.
Meal Prep for Weight Loss offers:
- Take back control—With meal prep, you are always in control of what you eat, how much you eat, and when you eat.
- Everything you need—Get started right away with detailed shopping lists, and instructions for cooking, portioning, storing, and reheating.
- Customizable plans—Switch up the different plans with a variety of tasty, meal prep ready recipes.
Shed weight the healthy way—with full meal prep plans for well-portioned meals every day of the week.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Steak Burrito Bowls
PREP TIME: 30 minutes | COOK TIME: 5 to 20 minutes
These sizzling steak burrito bowls are filled with beans, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and salsa for a simple meal that works for both lunch and dinner.
1. In a gallon freezer bag, combine the steak seasoning and the steak strips, and shake to coat the steak.
2. In a cast iron skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the steak and cook until your desired doneness.
3. In each of 3 storage containers, arrange 1½ cups of romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup of black beans, ¼ cup of pico de gallo, and ¼ cup of cheese.
4. On the side, add ¼ cup salsa and 2 tablespoons of guacamole.
5. Let the steak cool and divide it among the containers. Cover and refrigerate.
Per Serving (1/3 recipe): Calories: 344; Fat: 16g; Carbohydrates: 35g; Fiber: 14g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 1,188mg
To make the steak seasoning, combine: 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon sugar, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon ground chili pepper.
1 pound flank steak, cut into 1-inch strips
1½ teaspoons avocado oil
4½ cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 (15-ounce) can no-salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
¾ cup pico de gallo, drained + ¾ cup salsa
¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese
1/3 cup guacamole