Plants have superpowers. They can fill your stomach, fuel your workouts, and even extend your life. But for some people, a plant-based diet might seem stressful, especially if they believe the “experts” who tell us to eat only plants. Not true.
Smart plant-based diets are nutritious and delicious and still make room for meat, fish, dairy and eggs. In fact, they aren’t diets at all, but blueprints for a lifetime of eating well. The recipes and simple guidelines in Men’s Health Plant-Based Eating, devised with help from some of the most brilliant minds in nutrition, will help you harness the full powers of plants.
Inside you’ll find:
• Five simple steps to start eating plant-based meals
• 100+ filling and flavorful recipes
• The top 15 plant-based protein sources. You’ll never guess the plant that offers a whooping 19 grams per ½ cup. Hint: It’s NOT tofu.
• Plant-based shakes that help you build muscle fast
• Six amazing grains for weight loss
• A foreword by Brian St. Pierre RD, CSCS and a comprehensive introduction by Paul Kita, food and nutrition editor for Men’s Health
• Vibrant color photos and complete nutrition information with every recipe
• Lie-flat binding for easy use
With this cookbook, you’ll learn how to make dozens of hearty, delicious meals so you can add muscle, defend against disease, maintain a healthy weight, and unleash a ton of energy.
From the Publisher
Start your day with muscle-building protein and stomach-filling fiber.
Bowls & Power-Packed Plates
These easy meals offer payloads of nutrition without a hefty time investment. Turn to them when fast food cravings strike.
Burgers, Sandwiches & Tacos
These hand-held meals deliver on nutritiousness and deliciousness. Grab some napkins.
Salads & Soups
Whether you are craving cool and crunchy or hearty and warming, un-boring your go-to meals with these easy toss-together options.
They’re your Robin to your Batman; the Samwise to your Frodo. They’re just better together.
Sometimes you can’t make it to your next meal. These hunger-stoppers are here for you.