Eat better, live better―this Mediterranean diet guide makes it easy.
The Mediterranean diet isn’t just a way of eating, it’s a lifestyle―a complete approach to feeling your best both physically and mentally. The Easy Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan makes it easy for you to start and stay on the diet for long-term health.
This book has everything you need to seamlessly transition to the Mediterranean diet: four weeks of simple-to-use meal plans, tasty recipes centered around everyday ingredients, and helpful tips for stocking your kitchen. Get to know the “nuts and olives” of the diet, as well as how to keep going long after you’ve enjoyed the meal plans.
The Easy Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan includes:
- 4 weeks of meal plans―Get practical menus packed with delicious and nutritious breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks.
- 100 weeknight-friendly recipes―Wow your taste buds with quick and easy dishes featuring diverse flavors from all across the Mediterranean.
- Grow beyond your diet―Embrace the Mediterranean way of living with tips on exercise, rest, recreation, and more.
Transform your long-term health and well-being―and feel great doing it―with the delectable and easy-to-follow recipes in this Mediterranean diet and lifestyle guide.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: SALMON, CITRUS AND AVOCADO SALAD
Serves 4 // Dairy-Free // Gluten-Free // Meal In One // Prep Time: 20 Minutes // Cook Time: 30 Minutes Or Less
Salad is a quick meal choice that does not always have to be light. This salad is satisfying and energy boosting. Avocado is very rich in the monounsaturated fat that staves hunger, so the low-calorie base leafy greens don’t seem unsubstantial. Salmon is also rich in healthy fats and vitamin D, which, when combined with the magnesium in the greens, can significantly reduce the risk of colon cancer and cardiovascular disease.
1. Arrange the greens on a large platter and top with the oranges, grapefruits, avocado, salmon, and pecans.
2. Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette and serve.
Substitution Tip: Pecans are a tree nut, so they can be an allergen for many people. If this is an issue for you, swap them out for sunflower or pumpkin seeds, in the same amount, to add a satisfying crunch.
Calories: 459; Total fat: 349; Saturated fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 28g; Sugar: 13g; Fiber: 8g; Protein: 19g
6 cups mixed baby greens (spinach, kale, and Swiss chard)
2 large oranges, peeled, segmented, and cut into chunks
2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
2 (5-ounce) cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup Pesto Vinaigrette